Military Divorce

Oklahoma Military Divorce Attorney

Every client in my office is my most important client. Contact The Law Offices of Randy Lee Bumgarner now at 405-416-5234 for friendly, personalized legal services.

At The Law Offices of Randy Lee Bumgarner, I represent military clients around the world and throughout Oklahoma, including those stationed at Tinker Air Force Base, Fort Sill and the U.S. Coast Guard Institute. I understand the special circumstances and unique legal considerations of military divorce.

From my office in Oklahoma City, I help clients deal with the many complex issues associated with military divorce, including retirement division. Contact me via e-mail or call 405-416-5234 to schedule a confidential consultation with an experienced divorce lawyer.

Protecting Your Rights During An Overseas Tour Of Duty

I have represented many clients in military divorces and regularly confer with service members from all over the world. My comprehensive family law representation spans the following areas:

Your Rights Under The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act

The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides active duty service members with additional rights when it comes to divorce. The SCRA states that if a service member is currently serving overseas or on extended deployment, he or she has the right to postpone a divorce action. Furthermore, the SCRA provides service members with protection against default judgments.

Your Rights Under The Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act

The Uniformed Services Former Spouse Protection Act (USFSPA) states that a service member's retirement pay is subject to division in a divorce. The USFSPA does not mandate that the retirement pay be divided in a certain manner. Rather, the ultimate division is made in accordance with applicable state law.

In addition, if the service member's marriage coincided with at least 10 years of military service, the retirement pay awarded will be paid directly to the spouse by the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). If the marriage does not coincide with at least 10 years of military service, payment must be made directly by one spouse to the other.

Issues of spousal support and military benefits can prove to be rather complex. I am here to answer your questions, explain the law and help you plan an appropriate course of action.

Contact Us

For a confidential consultation in my Oklahoma City law office, please contact me today.